1. Cash Desk Setup
The description provides detailed insight into the use of the Cash Desk function available in Business Central.
The Cash Desk function provides a flexible and transparent solution for businesses whose cash flow is involved in their business process. With the Cash Desk function, the user can create Cash receipts and can create automatically generated and linked Sales or Purchase invoices.
The solution includes the following features:
• Cash Desk Setup
• Cash Desks and Cash Receipts management
• Defining the user rights
• Post and Print Cash Receipts
• Manage Cash Periods and Cash Reports
• Accounting of cash movements
1.1 General setup
To properly configure the Cash Desk and ensure integration, you need to create the following general setting at BC.
Cash flow analytics and automated posting are provided by Banks Account Management. It is necessary to create one Bank Account Card for each Cash Desk.
The Bank Account Posting Group which is set up on the Bank Account Card will determine the general ledger connection for the Cash Desk.
The user has to create a General Ledger journal for each Cash Desk. With the search function, the user has to find the General Journal Templates and create a General Journal and General Journal Batches.
To create a General Journal Bathes go to the Navigate - Template - Batches. On the Batches, the user has to set the Balance Account No. The bal. Account Type should be Bank account, the Bal. Account No. should be the Bank account which was created for the Cash Desk.
No. Series.: To number the Cash Receipt will require numbering circles created for this purpose. In the search box, the user needs to type in numbering circles. After that, the numbering structure must be created.
Report selection: in order to print the cash desk documents, it is necessary to set up the appropriate reports. In the search box, enter „Report selection - Cash desk”. The report to be printed must be set by both Receipt and Payments, the default is 42019382 - Cash Desk Document.
1.2 Cash Desk Setup
With the search function, the user can find the Cash Desk Setup.
The user can set the following parameters:
- Create From Sales Invoice: When the switch is active during the posting the Cash Receipts will create automatically. A prerequisite for using this function is that the user must use the Cash Payment set up on the Payment Methods.
- Auto Post Cash Desk Journal: By activation of the switch, the created item will automatically be posted. If the switch is inactive the created item won't be posted automatically It will get into the General Journal Batch where the user can post.
- Cerate From Sales Cr. Memo: When the switch is active during the posting the Cash Receipts will create automatically. A prerequisite for using this function is that the user must use the Cash Payment set up on the Payment Methods.
- User Check: When the switch is active only the user assigned to the Cash Dask can close the cash receipts.
- Create From Purchase Invoice: When the switch is active during the posting the Cash Receipts will create automatically. A prerequisite for using this function is that the user must use the Cash Payment set up on the Payment Methods. See below Payment Methods.
- Create From Purchase Cr Memo: When the switch is active during the posting the Cash Receipts will create automatically. A prerequisite for using this function is that the user must use the Cash Payment set up on the Payment Methods. See below Payment Methods.
- Auto Print CD Doc. on close: the cash desk document closure function will automatically print a cash desk document. If the option is not active, you have the possibility to print the closed cash document afterwards from the list of closed cash desk documents. This field can only be activated if the 4 create buttons above are activated
- Equal Account Type: When the switch is active the account type and account number specified in the header will be offered in the lines. The account type specified in headers and line items must not be different. (Except the auto-generated lines.)
- Cash Limit: By entering the limit amount the system will monitor the amounts booked and warn you, per customer and per accounting period,
- Check Cash limit: If you set a cash payment limit, you can choose to receive a warning if the limit is exceeded (none, warning, error).
1.3 Cash Desk Denomination
If the cash closing requires the accurate display of cash by denomination than the user need to determine denomination for that currency.
- Currency Code: If the default local currency (SPN) is the denomination setting, the Currency Code field will remain blank. In all other cases, the Currency Code for that currency must be set.
- Denomination: The denomination unit identifier.
- Multiplier: The unit that will be multiplied by the number of pieces specified during denomination.
- Description: the denomination symbol of the seasonal cashier summary.
1.4 Cash Desk Setup List
Under the Cash Desk List, the user can access the existing cash register or create new ones. After selecting the appropriate cash, the user can use the menu function in the window to view or edit the settings for the Cash Desk.
In the Cash Desk Setup window the user can specify the following details:
- Code: The unique identifier of the Cash Desk.
- Name: Name of the Cash Desk.
- Name2: Additional name of the Cash Desk if the Name field is not enough.
- Search Name: Uniform capitalized name that automatically generates when the Name field id filled in and is better suited to the searches.
- Closed: When the switch is active, new cash receipts can't be issued.
- Currency Code: The currency what the user set to the Cash Desk. The company local currency is (SPN) remains blank.
- Document Nos.: THe ID of the No. Series used to serialize vouchers that are still in the cash list.
- Cash Order Receipt Nos.: The ID of the No Series used to close the cahs receipts.
- Cash Order Withdrawal Nos.: The ID of the No Series used to close the cahs receipts.
- Journal Template Name: The BC will use this Template when the Cash Receipts will post.
- Journal Batch Name: The BC will use this Batch when the Cash Receipts will post.
- Balance Limit Control:
- None - the system does not check the balance of the Cash Desk
- Maximum - the system checks the maximum balance of the Cash Desk
- Maximum Balance: the maximum amount of cash that can be stored in the Cash Desk.
- Mandatory Denomination: the maximum number of days that can be entered into open cash periods, which are checked before a new cash receipt is created. If the number of days is the open cash register period reaches the value set here, the cash receipt can be issued only if the periods are closed and a new one is opened in accordance with the rules.
- Option Values: Not Mandators, Per Day, Per Week, Per Month, Per Year
- Date Check: the user able to post the transaction on the current working day.
- Auto Post Cash Desk Journal: Automatic posting tot he Journal at the time of the closure of the Cash Desk Document.
- Check Negative Balance:
- Never - the system does not check the balance of the given fund
- Warning - the system will display a warning message if the current document issued changes the balance of its associated cash to a negative amount.
- Error - the system will display an error message, if the current document issued changes the balance of its associated cash register to a negative amount, the error message will prevent the cash document for being closed.
- Rounding Precision: Specifies the rounding value that corresponds to the smallest denomination that can be used. Adjusting the rounding accuracy will cause the system to create a rounding item line for documents that required a difference due to rounding rules.
- Debit Rounding Title: The identifier of the rounding difference defined between claim codes. Differences calculated as a result of rounding accuracy are posted through this item code.
- Credit Rounding Title: The identifier of the rounding difference defined between claim codes. Differences calculated as a result of rounding accuracy are posted through this item code.
- Dimensions: Users can assign default dimensions to the checkout, which can be accessed from the NAVIGATION menu.
1.5 Cash Desk Titles
When the Cash Desk Titles window contains data the user will create Cash Receipts easily. With the user of titles, the user does not need to be aware of the posting of the certificate, but only selects a predetermined economic event from the list.
The user can enter G/L accounts or other master data for each item, such as Vat settings or default dimensions codes.
1.6 Cash Desk User Right
On the Cash Desk User Right the user can set that only one person can be posted to the given Cash Desk.
1.7 Report Selection- Cash Desk
The layout used for printing the cash receipts must be set for both the Issues and Revenue cash receipts. The code for the template developed for this purpose (42018094) can be selected in the Report ID field.
1.8 Close and Open Cash Desk period
The Cash Receipts can be only recorded if there is an open Cash Perion for the Cash Desk Card. The user can manage the time period using the Open Period and Close Period function available on the Cash Desk tab. Opening a period is possible if no other open period has been created for the Cash Desk or the opening date does not precede the closing date of the previous period.
1.9 Cash Period Denomination
The user can see that under the Period what kind of denomination units were used. User has to select the Cash Desk Denomination
2. Post Cash Receipts
To create Incoming or Outgoing Document the user has to push the New button and under it have to choose the correct Document.
After the user has selected the correct document one new window will open. Here the user will able to enter the data.
The No. field fills from the No. Series. For the Account Type the user can choose from the following options:
G/L Account, Customer, Vendor, Employee. Depending on the selected Account Type the user can select a value in the Account No. field. The Name and the VAT Registration No. fields are automatically filled in if they exist on the partner's profile.
The user can record the economic event to the lines.
- Title Code: Usable based on uploaded data
- Account Type: Options are G/L Account, Customer, Vendor or Employee. If it set to the Title Code, it will automatically load.
- Account No.: The number of specific account or partner. If it set to the Title Code, it will automatically load.
- Apply to the doc. No.: in case of payment the doc. no.
- Description: the description of the transaction. If it set to the Title Code, it will automatically load.
- Amount: the exact amount of the transaction.
The receipt can be finalized using the Action function on the ribbon.
The posted Cash Receipts can be found under the Cash Desk Closed Incoming Doc. List and Cash Desk Closed Outgoing Doc. List.
2.1 Edit Cahs Journal
If the Cash Desk is configured not to complete the ledger posting when closed, it is possible to modify the events created to some extent.
The user can change under the General Ledger Batches.
2.2 Started but not posted Cash Receipts
The started but not posted Cash Receipts can be found under the Cash Desk Incoming Doc. List and Cash Desk Outgoing Doc. List.
On the ribbon under the Action ribbon, the user can close the receipt.
2.3 Reprinting of Closed Cash Documents
Under the Cash Desk Closed Incoming Doc. List and Cash Desk Closed Outgoing Doc. List. the user is able to reprint the documents.
2.4 Payment Method
The user can assign the Cash Desk function to the accounting methods. The user can do this in the Payment Method table under the Use Cash Desk column of the table.
It is important to note that by assigning this feature to each payment method (by checking the box) Purchase or Sales document on which the payment method is selected can only be posted if the user selects the Cash Desk on the document. The document dates must be monitored before the posting.
2.5 Cash Desk Periods Report
Standing on the exact Cash Desk the user able to check the Cash Desk Periods Report. On the ribbon under the Report button, the user can find the Cash Desk Periods Report.
On the pop-up request page the following data has to be filled:
The report shows the transactions for that period: